We all know the struggle of staying on track with your goals. Especially when it comes to fitness. Finding the motivation to follow and stick to a fitness plan is no easy task.
However, there are some tricks you could use whenever you’re feeling discouraged to keep going or even struggling to start off.
Reading motivational quotes is one of the most effective tricks because they help build up your self-efficacy. In other words, motivational quotes create an optimistic self-belief in our ability to successfully accomplish tasks and produce favorable results (e.g. sticking to a fitness plan).
So here are 10 motivational quotes from pro athletes like Serena Williams and Muhammad Ali, as well as public figures like Oprah Winfrey and Abraham Lincoln to inspire your workout.
10 Motivational Quotes To Inspire Your Workout
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion'.” ― Muhammad Ali
- "Things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle." — Abraham Lincoln
- "The secret of life, though, is to fall seven times and to get up eight times." — Paulo Coelho (The Alchemist)
- "If you grit your teeth and show real determination, you'll always have a chance." — Charles M. Schulz
- "Push yourself. Don't Settle. Just live well. Just LIVE." — Jojo Moyes (Me Before You)
- "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." — Winston S. Churchill
- "I love who I am, and I encourage other people to love and embrace who they are. But it definitely wasn't easy, it took me awhile." — Serena Williams
- "The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking." — Mia Hamm
- "You have to set yourself goals so you can push yourself harder. Desire is the key to success." — Usain Bolt (Faster than Lightning: My Autobiography)
- "You don't become what you want, you become what you believe." — Oprah Winfrey
Print these quotes out. Copy them on to your phone. Write them down. Share them with friends. Do whatever you need to do to have them around until they stick because it is never the wrong time to start achieving your goals.